Monday, November 26, 2007

Breaking the Habit

Since New York, I wanted to take a bit of a break from training. This is all normal, just part of the cycle. In all my years of competing, I’d never done something so late in the year. It has brought new challenges from falling temperatures, no daylight, change of seasons, etc. I ran so much in the early morning darkness that I began to have that zombie feeling. That feeling is where you momentarily forget if it’s morning or evening. You can’t remember if you are supposed to be going to work, or going home to sleep. Everything just feels the same – tired.

So I don’t feel that way right now, things are all a little “too normal” right now. I’m still running, but a few times per week just to keep the body used to the pounding. So this morning I thought I’d run to work, cause I guess I’m lost that “loving feeling”?

No comments: