Friday, December 21, 2007

Winter Begins with More Daylight on it's Way!!!!

If any one woke up today and heard a huge collective sigh, that was because it the shortest day of the year. After six months of gradual loss of light, we can finally look forward to it in slowly increasing. I think all endurance athletes have this day marked on his/her calendar and celebrate it. I’ve run more in the dark hours this year, than any before and really looking forward to being able to see what I’m stepping on again.

This mornings run had a new challenge as we had freezing rain last evening. It was treacherous! The sidewalks were impossible to run on so I was running on the road. They had salted and sanded most of the intersections so I had traction there. Early in the morning there is not much traffic so I just jumped out of the way when a car approached.

January 1st and day #1 of specific training is getting close. I’ve upped my mileage this week, will take it easier next, and then be good to go. I’m excited to start logging more miles again and am often finding I’m out there for just a short time right now left wanting more. It will be exciting to notice more day light hours per day!

No comments: